WHAT I BELIEVE.. (:

One person suffers from a delusion and it is called insanity.
A group of people suffer from a delusion and it is called religion.

Let's leave all the fun and ish a hot minute and let's talk about the one topic that there is no real answer to:
Religion.
It starts wars, shows corruption and puts barriers in between people that shouldn't be there - not to mention the stereotypical views of particular groups.



First, let me just say to every one - being Jewish is NOT a race, it is a religion - it really BUGS me when people say that.

Regardless of what religion you are, every religion believes in a GOD, LIFE AFTER DEATH and DOING RIGHT - unless you worship "The Devil" - but even then... that's not a religion.. that's just trying to be different and failing.

My family believe in 
GOD & ALLAH
I have Catholic, Christian and Muslim family, so you can imagine the regular debates!

Okay, look at it simply.
Let's say a Muslim religion is an apple, and being Catholic is a banana - two different things, but still fruit.
If you have only ever eaten a banana all your life, who are you to say that an banana is the best or more than an apple? And who are you to even say it?

You know, Catholics and Christians and other religions look down on Muslims because of the way they are perceived in the media; suicide bombings, but there are Catholics, Christians and other religions killing themselves, other people and innocents in wars all over the world. So really, who are you to judge?

We tend to follow the religion that our parents follow, but with my family being diverse, religion has never been a big thing in my family.

And I am very sorry if I offend any religion, it is not intentional.

So, I have been told that "All Muslims Go To Hell" by a Christian, but yet, if God loves EVERYBODY in the world, then, why would he let these people go to hell. In the commandments, it says that we should only honor one God, and I swear Allah is their one God.. So what's the problem?

I went to a Roman Catholic Primary School & Highschool and I can honestly say, I don't go to church.
All religions believe in life after death whether it be re-incarnation or heaven, so it's quite possible to argue that maybe as humans we need an answer because we don't like the idea of our bodies shutting down and never ever being alive again?
I know I don't, and I am scared to die. But you know, I'm sure my parents are too.


So what do I believe?

I believe in a higher being, whether you wish to call him "God", "Allah", "Buddah", "Joe" or "Fred" is up to you. I believe in doing right for people and being sorry for the wrong things I have done, but I am only a human. No body is perfect - not even Jesus - and Mark's Gospel proves that and I have been taught that from a R.E teacher so... (:


But yeah, I pray and apologise to "God" because growing up, I was put in that pattern of religion, told to believe that religion and told you know, "God" is my "God". But I can honestly say I don't believe God is a person or anything.


I believe in a higher being, something beyond this world. I believe that something created this world, something put ME on this world to do something great. I believe in doing right by people and to be as humble as I can be and grateful for what I have.

I can honestly say in religious terms "I know Jesus" and I have accepted him as my "Savior" through baptism and communion, but what about those people who have switched religion?

They have found their "God" - and they honor that one God, that higher being, are they going to hell? Or is heaven and hell just a state of mind? A dreamworld where your constantly regretting every bad choice and thing you did? Is heaven a dreamworld where you have peace of mind, resting in peace?
If religion says to respect your fellow man, why do kill each other? Why do we constantly battle with other religions, and not respect their beliefs?

Why do not challenge our own religion?
Scared that all of our answers will never be found?
Scared that we realise that we are scared of what is to come?

Faith is belief without proof.

So respect people's faith, you have it too, just because you put your faith in something else doesn't give you the right to slate off other people or their religion.

We are all human, we all want and answer, we all live on this earth.

HAVE RESPECT FOR YOUR FELLOW MAN.

1 comment:

  1. wow im a catholic but i never thought about faith that way... thats a lot to think about thankz (:

    ReplyDelete